Learn to read well, and a world of knowledge and thinking opens up. Reading is such a crucial skill that schools put massive energy into strategies and programs to equip children to read. Yet too often the pedagogy involves boring word drills accompanied by joyless books written around vocabulary words. The Read Aloud nonprofit organization demonstrates studies that a parent or adult caretaker reading even 15 minutes daily to a child massively increases that child’s academic success potential. Reading in the home to children should begin at birth and continue into at least middle school.… Read More
- Prolonging the Ukraine-Russia War: Why?
- The U.S. Chose Retribution, not Grace, in the Aftermath of 9/11
- How Israeli Settlers Force Palestinians Off Their Lands
- Morally Derelict Sen. Blumenthal Cheers Ukraine/Russia War Because Americans Are Not Dying, and Russia Is Getting Weaker
- Powerful Sermon by Chris Hedges on Crucifixion of our modern prophets such as Julian Assange