What huge imago madeA psychopathic god:I and the public knowWhat all schoolchildren learn,Those to whom evil is doneDo evil in return. (W. H. Auden’s poem, September 1, 1939) Almost immediately after the horrific terrorist attack September 11, 2001 on the World Trade Center and Pentagon killed 3000 Americans, the drumbeat for retribution and revenge pounded loudly. Drowned out were voices calling for restraint. While peoples from nations around the world offered sympathy, so-called Christian America cast aside Jesus’s clear teachings against returning evil for evil to instead foment violent war on Afghanistan, to be followed 18 months later upon Iraq.… Read More
- Prolonging the Ukraine-Russia War: Why?
- The U.S. Chose Retribution, not Grace, in the Aftermath of 9/11
- How Israeli Settlers Force Palestinians Off Their Lands
- Morally Derelict Sen. Blumenthal Cheers Ukraine/Russia War Because Americans Are Not Dying, and Russia Is Getting Weaker
- Powerful Sermon by Chris Hedges on Crucifixion of our modern prophets such as Julian Assange